One Day Tooth Whitening Course for Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists
The aim of the one day tooth whitening course is to provide the skills, knowledge and confidence to undertake all aspects of tooth whitening, relating to the GDC scope of practice for Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists.
The course is both theory and hands-on. The theory covers, working from a prescription, how whitening works, home and in-surgery whitening in accordance to the GDC scope of practice and EU legislation. Delegates also have the opportunity to practice taking alginate impressions, making trays and practicing the isolation for in-surgery whitening techniques.
Main Session Objectives:
At the end of the session the delegate will be able to:
– List the components that form a comprehensive examination prior to tooth whitening
– Discuss how tooth whitening works
– Explain the types of tooth whitening treatments available and apply the most appropriate treatment option to meet the patient’s needs.
– Clarify the answers to patient’s questions
– Summarize key points of the EU directive concerning tooth whitening products
– Demonstrate a safe and effective method for taking alginate impressions
– Practice making a bleaching tray
– Apply home whitening gel safely into the patient’s trays.
– Perform in-surgery isolation safely
Friday 8th March 2019 – Hampstead, London
Friday 15th March 2019 – Ilkley, Optident
Friday 7th June 2019 – Hampstead, London
Friday 14th June 2019 – Ilkley, Optident
Friday 13th September 2019 – Hampstead, London
Friday 11th October 2019 – Ilkley, Optident
Friday 29th November 2019 – Hampstead, London
Friday 6th December 2019 – Ilkley, Optident
The Course fee is £255.00 (inc VAT) which includes all course materials and refreshments for the day.
This independent course is non-bias and evidence based, and kindly supported by Optident
Courses are 7 hours verifiable CPD meeting all the GDC’s development outcomes for enhanced CPD.
Accredited by the British Dental Bleaching Society (BDBS) and the British Society of Dental Hygiene & Therapy (BSDHT)
Additional contact details:
Please contact Diane Rochford if you would like a registration form or have any questions regarding the course. Tel. 0207 267 7070 or email email@example.com website: www.lindagreenwall.co.uk
Please Note: Tooth whitening courses are specifically for qualified and GDC registered Dentists, Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists
With Diane Rochford RDH, BSc (Hons)