Perio & Implant Maintenance with AirFlow & Guided Biofilm Therapy
Although traditional treatment modalities have been found to be clinically effective, modern findings question their rationale and consider if a more conservative approach to the management of periodontal disease and peri-implant diseases which is aimed at disrupting biofilm whilst preserving tooth tissue might be a kinder alternative.
With the development of fine particle powders which are extremely effective yet do not cause any damage to the tooth surface or the surrounding soft tissues and the advancement in nozzle designs which allow sub gingival access, AIRFLOW®️ and PERIOFLOW®️ offer a modern approach to biofilm management.
Based on decades of scientific knowledge and clinically proven technology, GBT was jointly developed by periodontal specialists, experienced practitioners at leading universities across the world and EMS; founders of AIRFLOW® and PERIOFLOW®. It follows the recommendations on Professional Mechanical Plaque Removal (PMPR) and OHI for Home Care of the European Federation of Periodontology (EFP) and offers the clinician a simple yet intelligent protocol that can be applied to the treatment of all patients regardless of their clinical needs.
Optident are delighted to release the dates for this all new hands-on course delivered by our accredited Swiss Dental Academy trainers.
Provide the theoretical knowledge and hands on training to develop strategies for improved oral health by looking at the components of the GBT model including sub and supra airpolishing and the advancements in ‘no pain’ piezon technology. Understanding implants and how to probe. The importance of magnification and lighting for both enhanced vision and posture.
– Have an understanding of the Guided Biofilm Therapy concept and how it can be introduced into modern contemporary practice.
– Consider the therapeutic benefits for the patient and the clinician when using AIRFLOW®️ and PERIOFLOW®️ and be aware of the patient demographics to which it can be adapted.
– Be aware of the clinical use of PERIOFLOW®️ in the disinfection of periodontal pockets.
– Identify the different types of airpolishing powders & their components and have an understanding of their functions and the appropriate situations in which to use them.
– Be aware of the latest advancement in Piezon No Pain technology and explore how operator technique impacts on performance patient comfort.
– Be aware of the current guidelines on managing implants and the role of AIRFLOW®️ in their maintenance.
– To probe or not to probe – using the right instruments.
– The importance of magnification and lighting for vision and posture.
– Have hands-on training with the use of EMS’s most up to date AirFlow Master Piezon and experience the super clean feeling of AirFlow airflow technology in your own mouth.
08:30 – Registration & coffee
09:00 – An overview of AirFlow and its role in contemporary practice and a look at the importance of powders.
10:00 – Part 1 Guided Biofilm Therapy. Biofilm management using AirFlow, PerioFlow and no pain Piezon, including the importance of good vision in biofilm detection with the use of loupes/light.
11:00 – Coffee Break
11:15 – Part 2 Guided Biofilm Therapy. Biofilm management using airflow, PerioFlow and no pain Piezon.
12:00 – GBT for profit. Turning GBT into a practice builder.
12:30 – Lunch Break
13:00 – Implants. Monitoring & maintaining healthy dental implants and the use of AirFlow in the treatment of peri-implant diseases.
Hands on AirFlow /GBT. Following a demonstration from the course speaker, delegates will take turns using AirFlow on one another and will get to experience what a superclean airflowed mouth feels like!
Loupes and Lighting workshop – Experience how magnification and lighting can transform the way you work, for both enhanced vision, reduced eye fatigue and posture correction for a healthier working day.
17:00 – Q&A’s & Finish
Dates & Venues
13th Feb – Cardiff HS
Course Leader: Faye Donald
This fulfils the requirements of the GDC for learning objectives A & C
£180 + VAT
Book on Eventbrite by clicking here.