The Latest Concepts in Implant Maintenance
This one-day course is designed to encourage a partnership approach between dental professionals. The course aims to provide delegates with the opportunity to engage in dedicated lectures, group discussion and hands on workshops focused on the latest concepts in implant maintenance. Delegates will be encouraged to develop their clinical knowledge and assessment skills, taking into consideration the types of implants & components available, anatomy, implant placement and osseointegration. Delegates will learn how to identify potential problems through surveillance of soft tissue and how to inspire patients to continue their care at home. The hands-on workshops will build familiarity and competency in using different techniques and technology to ensure implant longevity.
At the end of the day delegates should:
– Understand the aetiology of potential problems associated with implants and how to identify each stage of the disease process
– Have a visual understanding of what components and features make up an implant, and the latest technology Laser-Lok® and how to clean effectively around these components
– Understand the soft tissue anatomy, bone physiology and the osseo integration process
– Increase their knowledge with the latest concepts and techniques and technology in implant maintenance, including complex structures and fixed hybrid restorations
– Know how to encourage open communication, dedicated workflow, and long term responsibility between the dentist and hygienist
– Be able to inspire and empower patients to care for their implants at home.
Course close: 17.00
£195 + VAT
13th October – London
7 CPD credit hours
About Juliette Reeves
Juliette Reeves Juliette Reeves is a dental hygienist and trained nutritionist with over thirty years experience. She is Clinical Director of Perio-Nutrition, an elected committee member to the British Society of Dental Hygiene and Therapy and Secretary to the Eastern Regional Group, Senior UK Tutor to the Swiss Dental Academy and has been a Key Opinion Leader with Philips Oral Healthcare since 2009. Juliette also has a special interest in implant maintenance and the prevention and treatment of peri-implant diseases. She is an active member of the Association of Dental Implantology (ADI) and was privileged to be the first dental hygienist to be elected onto the ADI Committee. As a Certified ADIA Implant Auxiliary, Juliette has received training in implant maintenance and therapy from academies in Geneva, Liechtenstein and the USA. Juliette regularly provides post-graduate training courses internationally and in the UK.