Guided Approach: Redesigning the Aesthetic Zone
#Whiteology – Healthy Smiles in Daily Practice by StyleItaliano.
Taking place in the state of the art Facette Institute in Saint Sebastien, Marseilles, South of France – This unique & intensive hands on programme is the only course to offer LIVE worn dentition cases performed for 3 days.
About the course leader:
Stefen Koubi, DDS, PhD – Founding Member of StyleItlaiano
Dr Stefen Koubi graduated from the Marseille University School of Dentistry, France, in 1998. He became Associate Professor in 2008 and earned his PhD in 2011. Dr Koubi opened a private dental practice in Marseille in 2002, and he is the owner of this practice. Dr. Koubi is the founder of “L’institut de la Facette”, a private training centre established in 2013 which mainly focuses on laminate veneer restorations and the minimally invasive rehabilitation of worn dentitions. Dr Koubi is the author of various national and international publications and reports. He has lectured internationally on the topics of aesthetic dentistry, smile design, wear and erosion. He has 58 publications (including 13 international) on the topic of anterior aesthetic and minimally invasive dentistry and operative dentistry. He has spoken at more than 250 lectures (national and international), mainly in different aesthetic academies and Prosthodontics Societies. Moreover, in 2011 he won the title of ‘Best Lecturer of the Year in France’.
Learning Objectives & Modules
3 live cases, 3 Hands On, 2 Modules
During these 3 days, you will learn:
• Recipes for designing a smile
• Recipes for specific clinical issues: dyschromia, disposition, single unit, worn dentition
• A precise and repeatable method for managing simple and complex case as well following a guided protocol
• Recipes for cementation laminate veneer, table top, crown etc
• Use of emax material for each clinical indication (choice of ingot, thickness required)
• Latest emax improvement (multi, MT) with lab pictures
• How to jump into digital dentistry from cosmetic to functional rehabilitation
Hands on 1: how to use a mock up for a precise and repeatable prep protocol
• How to make a mock up
• How to control depth of the cut
• Selection of the bur
• Material for the mock up
• Specificities of the prep (too buccal, too palatal.)
• Finishing step
• Tips and tricks for impression
• How to make you own silicon index for controlling your prep
Hands on 2: cementation of laminate veneer in a repeatable way
• How to place a rubber dam for individual dam in 20 sec
• Tips and tricks for the isolation
• Preparation of the tooth: bonding procedure
• Preparation of the laminate
• Finishing steps
Hands on 3: the full mock up technique in worn dentition
• How to place a precise full mock up on 1 arch
• Prep driven by functional mock up in posterior area
• Prep driven by aesthetic mock up in anterior area
• Functional laminate: prep for a table top
• Sandwich restoration in posterior area
Module 1: Veneers from A To Z
• Live case of laminate veneers on a patient, from A to Z
• Theoretical course complete with tips and tricks
• Transmission of information to the laboratory
• HANDS ON SESSION: The aesthetic project, the controlled preparations, the preparation variants, the provisionals, followed by the bonding protocol of one laminate veneer
• Interactive discussions around clinical situations, therapeutic planning
Module 2: Veneers with Worn Dentition
• Live case of worn dentition where a full arch is treated with the complete mock up, guided prep, new design, impression and temporaries.
• Comprehensive theoretical course on the treatment of wear through global rehabilitations based on bonded partial restorations
• HANDS ON SESSION: full mock up in worn dentition, guided posterior prep , novel design of occlusal veneered the different types.
Courses are 21 hours verifiable CPD meeting the GDC’s development outcomes A & C for enhanced CPD.
4th, 5th, 6th September 2019.
9.00am to 18.00pm daily
L’institut de la facette
51 bis, rue Saint Sébastien,
Phone: +33 (0) 4 84 25 87 99
Price & Booking
2600 euros – Special price for Optident customers – Quote OPTIDENT on booking
Price includes 3-day course, lunches and evening meals
Accommodation and travel are not included in this price however recommendations can be made
For More information and to book: