This 1-day course will consist of a series of lectures, outlining practical issues to enhance treatment outcomes, demonstrated by clinical cases. There will be an opportunity to have hands-on experience for each type of treatment discussed and life laser treatments.
Who is this Course for?
New or existing Waterlase dentists who are looking to increase patient retention and attract new patients by offering more gentle dentistry.
The perfect learning experience for those looking to learn new techniques to make their laser investment more fun & profitable for the entire team.
Rana Al-Falaki BDS, MFDS RCSI, MClinDent, MRD RCS (Eng) – Specialist in Periodontics
Rana Al-Falaki has been a specialist in periodontics since 2002. She has been an undergraduate and post-graduate clinical lecturer and associate specialist at The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
She is a pioneer in laser applications in Periodontology and Implantology, having presented innovative research at several scientific meetings, including EuroPerio and American Academy of Periodontology. She lectures nationally and internationally and has published several articles and papers on the subject and founded the Global Periodontal Laser User Society in 2016 with a view to providing an education platform for the general and specialist dental profession.
She is an honorary lecturer at The University of London, a Fellow of the International Academy of Dento-Facial Aesthetics, and a visiting professor to the Medical University of Taipei. She is on the peer review panel for several scientific journals, and an editorial board member of the Journal of Lasers in Dental Science.
She has also run her own specialist clinic in London since 2004. Al-FaPerio clinic has won the Global Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Awards for Best Periodontal Practice in the UK in 2015, 2016, and 2017, as well as awards for Excellence in Patient Care, Most Innovative Periodontal Therapy, and an award for Global Excellence in her field.
Introduction to lasers
– What are erbium and diode lasers?
– What are the benefits to the patient?
– What are the benefits to dentist?
– Clinical applications in brief
– The aims of periodontal treatment
– Using Waterlase to treat periodontitis
– Using Diodes in Periodontal maintenance
– Flapless bone regeneration in infrabony defects using dual wavelength (Al-Fa Technique)
– Socket preservation
– Preparatory work using Waterlase and diodes
– Implant exposure
– Peri-implantitis treatment with Waterlase and diodes
– Indications and contra-indications
– Treatment planning
– Soft tissue crown lengthening
– Soft and hard tissue (osseous) crown lengthening using Waterlase
– Root coverage – use of lasers in connective tissue and free-gingival grafts, tunnelling and pedical flaps
– Vestibular deepening
– Gingival depigmentation
– Reverse vestibuloplasty (lip repositioning)
CPD Hours & Development Outcomes
CPD Hours: 7
Development Outcomes: A & C
Attendees will also receive a certificate of attendance from Biolase.
Course Fee: £395 + VAT
Dates, Location, Booking details
Dates – Friday, September 20, 2019, 9:30am to 5:30pm
Location – Harrow Dental Practice – Training Centre, 23-27 High St, Hornchurch RM11 1TP, London, UK
Booking on Eventbrite – Click Here