By simplifying clinical techniques & developing materials and equipment following years of clinical experience and research, we can now offer our patients high quality, time efficient, predictable aesthetic restorative treatment, which is minimally invasive and affordable, often in a single appointment.
This course will cover everything from photography and communication to the restorative process and how to restore smiles in everyday practice.
This course is for dentists and therapists.
About the course leader, Louis Mackenzie
Louis Mackenzie is a GDP working in Birmingham and is a clinical lecturer at the University of Birmingham School of dentistry and in the postgraduate department at King’s college London. He delivers lectures nationally and internationally on direct and indirect restorative techniques, minimally invasive dentistry and clinical photography and runs a series of popular hands-on courses. He is a member of the editorial board of Dental Update journal, is the head of clinical training at Simplyhealth Professionals and is academic lead of the University of Birmingham’s Master’s programme in Restorative Dentistry.
This comprehensive, full-day, hands-on course will provide a practical training using the latest materials, equipment and clinical techniques for predictable, minimally invasive, aesthetic and cosmetic restorative dentistry for dentists and therapists.
Aims & Objectives
This comprehensive, full-day, hands-on course will provide a practical training using the latest materials, equipment and clinical techniques for predictable, minimally invasive, aesthetic and cosmetic restorative dentistry.
Aesthetic assessment and diagnosis
– Practical procedures for smile design
– Mobile Dental Photography (MDP) for diagnosis, communication and documentation
– Tooth Whitening (including air polishing and internal bleaching)
– Colour selection (including customised composite shade guides)
– MI cavity preparation (including particle air abrasion)
– Isolation and adhesion
– Matrix techniques (for predictable tight anatomically correct contacts)
– Material selection (including bulk-fill materials)
– Anatomical placement and shaping techniques
– Optimising light curing
– Finishing and polishing techniques
– Case selection
– Composite shade selection
– Isolation and adhesion
– Anterior matrices
– Placement and shaping techniques (including a fast, innovative method for direct composite veneers)
– Finishing and polishing
Advanced direct composite techniques:
– Polychromatic layering techniques
– Managing wear cases with direct composite
– Fibre-reinforced composite resin-bonded bridges
By the end of this course delegates will be able to enhance patient care by optimising all clinical stages of assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and minimally invasive aesthetic and cosmetic restorative procedures. This course conforms to the GDC’s development outcomes for enhanced CPD. (Outcome C: Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice).
Start time: 9:00am
Finish Time: 5:00pm
9.00 – 9.30: Arrival/Registration (Tea/Coffee Available)
9.30– 10.45: Aesthetic Assessment & Diagnosis / Clinical photography theory / Posterior composites theory
10.45 – 11.00: Refreshments
11.00 – 12.30: Posterior composites practical
12.30 – 1.30: Lunch
1.30 – 2.45: Anterior composites Theory
2.45 – 3.00: Refreshments
3.00 – 4.45: Anterior composites Practical
4.45 – 5.00: Q&A and Close
Learning Development Outcomes: A & C
Course Fee: £279 + VAT
Dates, Location & Booking
Dates & Location: Birmingham – Crown Plaza at Solihull, 61 Homer Rd, Solihull B91 3QD – Saturday 21st September 2019
Booking – On Eventbrite – Click Here