Ultrapak #2 green
User Review( votes)
1 x Bottle of Green cord (8ft/244cm)
The Ultrapak cord is made of 100% cotton, knitted into thousands of tiny loops forming long, interlocking chains. The unique knitted design exerts a gentle continuous outward force following placement as knitted loops seek to open. Optimal tissue displacement olccurs in 3-8 minutes. Ultrapak cord is designed to enhance the ViscoStat/Astringedent and Dento-Infusor Tissue Management Technique. Coventional techniques using aluminium chloride, etc., are also enhanced when using Ultrapak knitted cords, since they carry significantly greater quantities of haemostatic solution than conventional cords.
The Ultrapak CleanCut design features a blade in the cap for the ultimate convenience. It is made from a high carbon steel blade that stays sharp. The hhin plastic gate prevents cord from falling into the bottle upon cutting. There is a ruler printed on label that provides easy cord measurement, all protected by the safety feature built into cap to avoid risk of injury.
– The original and smallest knitted cord
– Provides rapid tissue displacement, detailed margins, and quality impressions
– Facilitates easy packing and stays placed better than any twisted or braided cord
– Compresses upon packing then expands for optimal retraction
– Does not entangle in diamond bur
– Bright colors facilitate easy location and removal
– High carbon steel blade ensures a clean cut
– Thin plastic gate prevents cord from falling into the bottle upon cutting
– Ruler printed on label provides easy cord measurement
Hints & Tips
How long should the cord be left in the sulcus?
In most cases, the knitted loops of the cord provide optimal retraction after 38 minutes.
What length of cord should I use?
The length of cord will depend on the circumference of the preparation. Ultrapaks bottle features a handy ruler on the side to help make sure you get the right length.
How will I know if the retraction is adequate?
Retraction is adequate when the margins of the gingiva are pulled away from the preparation and the cord can be removed without the gingiva hemorrhaging. To help prevent the onset of bleeding upon removal, soak the cord in an astringent like Astringedent or ViscoStat.
What is the benefit of the knitted cord over braided cord?
Braided cords are more rigid than knitted cords, which can cause an issue when packing into the sulcus. With rigid braided cords, when one portion of the cord is packed into the sulcus, another portion of the cord is typically raised. Knitted cords are more flexible and pack easily into the sulcus.