Ultra-Etch 35% Kit
User Review( votes)
4 x 1.2ml syringes
20 x Blue Micro tips
Ultra-Etch 35% is s a viscous, phosphoric acid solution. The optimum level of viscosity, along with use of the Blue Micro or Inspiral Brush tip, facilitates precision placement and superior control.
Ultra-Etch is viscous enough to prevent migration on a vertical surface. However, it can penetrate into the smallest fissures of occlusal surfaces due to physical and chemical properties which promote capillary action. Ultra-Etch is self-limiting in its depth of etch (average depth of 1.9µm with 15-second etch), creating an etch pattern that adhesives can penetrate for increased bond strength and reduced sensitivity. The optimum viscosity maintains a thick enough layer to prevent premature drying. Etch rinses away quickly with air/water spray.
Ultra-Etch can be placed in any location, including lingual approaches to Class lll restorations. It works nicely for etching before bonding composites, sealants, or bonding adhesives.
– Self-limiting chemistry prevents overetching, creating the optimal surface to receive resin.
– Penetrates smallest fissures but wont migrate on a vertical surface
– Distinctive blue colour enhances placement and ensures complete removal
– Increases bond strength and reduces sensitivity
– Thixotropic properties ensure precise placement without migrating, even on vertical surfaces
– Rinses cleanlyleaves no residue
Hints & Tips
- I prefer to use the self-etch technique when bonding. Can I use Ultra-Etch for self-etch bonding procedures?
No. Ultra-Etch is intended to be used only with the total-etch technique. For the self-etch technique, we recommend using Peak SE Primer, which is followed by the use of Peak® Universal Bond.
- Can Ultra-Etch penetrate occlusal grooves?
Yes. The optimal viscosity of Ultra-Etch allows it to work its way into even the smallest fissures on the occlusal surface of the teeth.
- Does Ultra-Etch contain glycerin?
- Can Ultra-Etch be used on both dentin and enamel?
- How long should I leave Ultra-Etch on the tooth?
On both dentin and enamel, leave Ultra-Etch on the tooth for 20 seconds to achieve optimal etch patterns.
- I have a patient that is allergic to blue dye. Can I use Ultra-Etch on this patient?
Yes, you can use Ultra-Etch on this patient as the blue coloring in Ultra-Etch is a pigment and not a dye. However, the etching gel should not touch the tissue. Put it on the enamel/dentin and vacuum it off when rinsed with water directly into the suction.